Blower Fan Balancing
Rural Energy Enterprises, Inc. does not accept liability for the improper use of this information. Installation, service, and maintenance of heating equipment should be performed by a qualified technician. Improper installation, adjustment, alteration, service, or maintenance can cause property damage, personal injury, or loss of life.
When rebuilding Laser blower motors you may be able to get the two fans balanced more effectively by doing the following:
- Assemble the lower part of the motor.
- Clean the shaft where the top (exhaust) fan will be installed.
- Position the exhaust fan on the shaft and place the lock nut on the top of the shaft but do not tighten the nut.
- Connect the blower motor to the circuit board or 110 V power. Turn on the motor. The top fan will spin and screech for a few seconds. When the fan has found its balanced position turn off the blower.
- After the motor has stopped spinning, snug up the lock nut on the shaft.
- Tighten the hex set screw.
- Re-check the shaft nut and tighten if necessary.