Burner Mat Replacement
Rural Energy Enterprises, Inc. does not accept liability for the improper use of this information. Installation, service, and maintenance of heating equipment should be performed by a qualified technician. Improper installation, adjustment, alteration, service, or maintenance can cause property damage, personal injury, or loss of life.
|Philips screwdriver, 6”||Philips screw driver, 18”||Electric Drill|
|Drill Brush||Vacuum Cleaner||Rags|
|Safety Glasses||Particle Mask|
Joint Packing gasket (55,56,72,73) 20474992
Fuel Nozzle gasket (55,56,72,73) 20478383
Burner Mat (55,56) 20474113, (72) 20475813, (73) 20478613
- Remove Heat Exchanger. Inspect for cracks. Clean with hot water and cleaner.
- Remove Heat Element Assembly. Inspect for cracks. Clean.
Save gaskets by carefully siding gaskets on to a piece of cardboard.
- Remove Burner Ring (turn counter clockwise).
- Remove Flame Rod, Igniter, and Fuel Nozzle.
- If Igniter is stuck, remove Burner Assembly.
- Vacuum bottom of the Burner Assembly.
- Drill Brush bottom of Assembly and vacuum dust particles at the same time.
- Remove all carbon and glue.
- Clean all holes in burner pot with appropriate size drill bit connected to a needle nose locking pliers. Very important step.
- Wipe clean and inspect for cracks.
- Remove Mat from package.
- Massage Burner Mat Adhesive tube to completely mix adhesive. One tube will do approximately 2.5 L 73 burner mats.
- Apply adhesive with a ½” brush using a crossing stroke. The adhesive must be deep enough to glue the Mat (~ 1mm) but must not wick to the top of the Mat.
If the adhesive is to thick, it will skin over and not cure. This will cause the adhesive to blister, when the stove is fired, and eventually create pockets that trap fuel.
- Immediately place Mat on adhesive and carefully press Mat into adhesive.
- Wash Brush.
- Install new Fuel Nozzle gasket (and on L30 Outside Fuel Nozzle gasket).
- Clean Fuel Nozzle and install (use a lubricant).
- Remove Igniter Guide Gasket and re-install seam up.
- Remove Blower Motor Case top and carefully clean exhaust fan. To remove fan, secure intake fan with flat file, lubricate 7 mm nut, remove nut, remove 2 mm hex screw, and pull fan off shaft with rotating motion by grabbing mounting collar with pliers.
- Reassemble unit. Cure adhesive at least 4 hours before firing the stove.
Place upside down in a well-ventilated area.
Heat the metal collar with a propane torch.
When the carbon begins to smoke, carefully grab the igniter ceramic collar with pliers and gently rotate. Continue rotating until igniter works free. If the igniter sticks, let the unit cool and repeat the process. This method works about 9 times out of 10.