Oil Miser Recommended Annual Service Steps
Rural Energy Enterprises, Inc. does not accept liability for the improper use of this information. Installation, service, and maintenance of heating equipment should be performed by a qualified technician. Improper installation, adjustment, alteration, service, or maintenance can cause property damage, personal injury, or loss of life.
The Oil Miser 22, 23 uses a vaporizing burner. This advanced burner technology is sensitive to fuel quality. Use of low-quality fuel (high sulfur, etc.) can cause abnormal combustion resulting in reduced performance and shortened heater life. Please use clean, high quality home heating oil (No.1 or No.2) for the best performance.
For continued high efficiency and trouble free operation of your oil-fired Oil Miser 22, 23 vented heater, it is highly recommended that the following procedures be performed on a regular basis by an authorized Toyostove dealer or repair station. Please consult with your dealer/installer for details on this once a year service and/or maintenance contract program.
RECOMMENDED ANNUAL SERVICE STEPS
- Replace all fuel filters in the fuel supply line. Verify at least one filter is a water block type.
- Check all fuel lines for leaks.
- Inspect flue pipe (outside).
- Test exhaust and flue o-rings for leaks.
- Clean fuel sump strainer.
- Check draft tube; replace if needed.
- Test all gaskets for leaks: igniter, fuel nozzle, burner thermistor, flame sensor, mica window, heat element, and pressure relief; replace if needed.
- Clean fuel nozzle and flame sensor.
- Check burner assembly, clean if needed.
- Check burner ring; replace if warped or cracked.